When you join the ACC as a staff member, you become a part of a long tradition of innovative, collaborative and driven individuals dedicated to supporting and implementing the College’s mission to transform cardiovascular care and improve heart health.
We employ more than 300 staff members in various stages of their careers, with a wide array of expertise and coming from a diverse spectrum of personal and professional backgrounds. We are a professional family, with a culture of collaboration, innovation, wellness and positive energy. We believe in the gold standard that the College represents to the field of cardiovascular care and invite you to explore our career opportunities.
The American College of Cardiology (ACC) values all members of our College family, including ACC staff. As the foundation of the organization, ACC staff enjoy world-class benefits and a culture of work-life balance. By joining the ACC, you’ll join the ranks of the many other employees who take part in the following benefits.
Insurance and Retirement
- Choice between a PPO or HMO plan for medical health coverage
- PPO plan for dental protection
- PPO plan for vision care services
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- TIAA-CREF retirement plan with a very generous employer contribution
- Multiple voluntary benefit options
Leave, Work Arrangements and Transportation
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Parental leave
- Alternative work arrangements including staggered arrive/leave time and telework opportunities
- Transportation stipend for Metro or parking
- Shuttle bus service to/from two nearby Metro Stations
Community and Wellness
- Employee assistance counseling program
- CardioSmart bike and run clubs
- On-site fitness center and classes
- Various wellness seminars and events
- Paid community service leave days
- Business casual dress code policy
- Work-life balance environment
ACC was honored by the Washington Business Journal as one of Greater Washington’s healthiest employers for 2012. Watch a video from the ACC in Touch YouTube Channel featuring some of our highlights in action.