It is time to submit your recommendations to the Nominating Committee for the slate of Officers and Trustees for the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF). All Officer/Trustee Nominations are due by July 31, 2014.
Submit Your Nominations Today!
ACC/F Call for Nominations
This slate of Officers/Trustees will be elected at the Annual Business Meeting in March 2015 in San Diego. Officers and Trustees can serve in both organizations for the duration of their terms.
Your recommendations are invited for the positions of Vice President, President-Elect, and Trustees. The Vice President will serve a one-year term and traditionally advances to the office of President-Elect. Each Trustee will serve up to a five-year term.
The deadline for receipt of recommendations for Officers/Trustees is July 31, 2014
Please follow this guide for submitting recommendations for Officer/Trustee positions. Please forward suggestions to email@example.com by the date above.
In making recommendations, you are reminded of the following:
- Members may be primary nominator for only one member per category (Officer or Trustee).
- Members may write a letter of support for up to two Trustees, provided they are not the primary nominator of a Trustee.
- Officers, Nominating Committee members and ACC staff may not support a candidate.
- Members may write a letter of support for no more than one Officer Candidate.
- A Past-President is ineligible for any elected office.
- Members of the Nominating Committee are ineligible for any office.
- Members who have served a five-year term as a Trustee are ineligible to serve again.
- Members of the Board of Governors may not serve on the Board of Trustees concurrently.
The Nominating Committee will meet this fall to consider all recommendations submitted and will present a slate of nominations to the ACC/ACCF Board of Trustees for approval.
Nominating Committee Members:
William A. Zoghbi, MD, MACC (Chair)
Joseph P. Drozda, Jr., MD, FACC
Huon H. Gray, MD, FACC
Jane W. Newburger, MD, MPH, FACC
Orlando Rodríguez-Vilá, MD, FACC
John S. Rumsfeld, MD, PhD, FACC
Stuart Floyd Seides, MD, FACC
Contact Carissa Maguire at (202) 375-6246 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.