The American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF) invite you to submit recommendations to the Nominating Committee for the slate of Officers and Trustees, which includes the positions of Vice President, President-Elect, and Trustees. Officers and Trustees can serve in both organizations for the duration of their terms. All nominations must be received by July 31, 2013, so please submit your nominations today!
The slate of Officers and Trustees will be elected in March 2014 at the Annual Business Meeting in Washington, DC. The Vice President will serve a one-year term, traditionally advancing to the office of President-Elect. Each Trustee will serve a term of up to five-years.
In making recommendations, you are reminded of the following:
- Members may be the primary nominator for only one member per category (Officer or Trustee).
- Members may write a letter of support for up to two Trustees, provided they are not the primary nominator of a Trustee.
- Officers, Nominating Committee members and ACC staff may not support a candidate.
- Members may write a letter of support for no more than one Officer Candidate.
- A Past-President is ineligible for any elected office.
- Members of the Nominating Committee are ineligible for any office.
- Members who have served a five-year term as a Trustee are ineligible to serve again.
- Members of the Board of Governors may not serve on the Board of Trustees concurrently.
The Nominating Committee will meet this Fall to consider all recommendations submitted and will present a slate of nominations to the ACC/ACCF Board of Trustees for approval.
Nominating Committee Members:
David R. Holmes, Jr., MD, MACC (Chair)
Gregory J. Dehmer, MD, FACC
Joseph P. Drozda, Jr., MD, FACC
Claire S. Duvernoy, MD, FACC
Huon H. Gray, MD, FACC
Gerard R. Martin, MD, FACC
Stuart Floyd Seides, MD, FACC
Please contact Carissa Maguire at (202) 375-6246 or email@example.com if you have any questions.