The mission of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) is to transform cardiovascular care and improve heart health.
The ACC strives to achieve its enduring purpose: to improve cardiovascular health through education, research, quality care and health policy.
The members of the College will dramatically reduce the incidence, severity and complications of cardiovascular disease as we promote prevention, reduce disparities in health care, and improve personal and population-based cardiovascular health.
- Professionalism: The interests of patients are primary.
- Knowledge: The College must promote growth, dissemination and application of knowledge about cardiovascular medicine.
- Value of the cardiovascular specialist: The cardiovascular profession makes a distinct contribution to medical care that should be recognized and enhanced.
- Integrity: Honesty, compliance with legal requirements, and ethical behavior are essential in all activities.
- Member driven: The College and its major activities must be led by active members and must promote volunteerism.
- Inclusiveness: The College involves a broad range of volunteers that reflects the composition of its membership.