This Meeting on Demand™ Program is designed to increase your competence in simple and complex congenital heart disease, and cardiovascular disease and pregnancy.
Click the Start Program button to begin learning about congential heart disease.
All healthcare professionals who practice/study cardiovascular medicine.
Date of Release: June 2012
Term of Approval/Date of CME/CE Expiration: June 2013
Upon completion of this activity, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the simple congenital heart defects (CHD) that survive into adulthood.
- Understand their physiologic consequences and anticipate potential complications.
- Recognize echocardiographic presentations and understand the goals of imaging for each defect.
- Review available management guidelines.
- Recognize echocardiographic and clinical issues in adults with Tetralogy of Fallot, Transposition of the Great Arteries, Single Ventricle lesions and Eisenmenger syndrome.
- Recognize the types of heart disease are encountered in pregnancy.
- Recognize the relevant hemodynamic changes of pregnancy.
Method of Participation and Claiming Credit
ACCF Meeting on Demand™ Programs feature pre-test questions, captured lecture content, abstract summaries, and self-assessment questions. To be eligible for credit, you must attain a score of 70% or better on the self-assessment exams included in the activity.
Requesting AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit™ or CE Credit for this Activity
To request credit, you must:
- Answer the pre-test questions, read all text and view all slide and video presentations in the modules for which you wish to receive credit.
- Answer the self-assessment questions in each module for which you wish to claim credit. After you have answered all the questions in the module, click on the Exam Summary button. A Claim Credit button will appear on this page if you have achieved a passing score of 70% or better. If you did not achieve a passing score, please click the Reset Scores link and retake the exam.
- Click the Claim Credit button and answer the evaluation questions in the pop-up window.
- For CME Credit - Enter the total amount of time you actually spent in the activity in the box provided. Please note that you may only claim once for the case. Click Submit.
- For CE Credit - Enter the total number of CE hours for this activity in the box provided. Please note that you may only claim once for the case. Click Submit.
- You will receive a message that your request has been submitted and a link to view your certificate. You may view and download the certificate when you receive the message, you may also view it at any time in the My Transcript section of My CardioSource.