Clinical Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac CT Meeting on Demand
List Price: $425.00
Member Price: $395.00
Your Price: $425.00
The 2013 Recent Advances in Clinical Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac CT Meeting on DemandTM Program is perfect for you if you are:
- Seeking 15 hours of CME relevant to nuclear medicine to meet the IAC/Nuclear PET accreditation requirements
- Preparing to take the Boards or recertifying for nuclear cardiology or cardiac CT
- Interested in participating in a review of cases, cases and more cases to increase your interpretive skills
- Looking for a course geared to both cardiac imaging and non-imaging physicians to inform you about the most recent equipment, protocols, evidence and appropriate use testing
For cardiac imaging and non-imaging cardiovascular professionals, this online program explores advances in nuclear cardiology, cardiac CT and other imaging modalities across the spectrum of patients routinely seen in a typical practice.
With almost 100 evidence-based case reviews, leading cardiac imaging clinicians and scientists will guide attendees in gaining practical experience in case interpretation, reporting and medical decision making.
Cardiac imaging is at a crossroads. Technological advances and clinical outcomes evidence have evoked a multimodality approach that incorporates increased complexity of image acquisition, interpretation, and application. Yet despite an established evidence-based foundation that demonstrates improvements in patient care, cardiac imaging has come under scrutiny due to its escalated use and increased costs. The scrutiny has generated initiatives to reduce unnecessary testing and to encourage the use of appropriateness criteria to guide testing decisions.
This Meeting on DemandTM Program includes guidance for healthcare professionals who today must navigate this complex maze of technological advances, patient and physician needs, appropriate use criteria, and health care reform and their impact on cardiac imaging decisions.
Format and Pricing
This program is available in a convenient online format featuring slides synchronized with accompanying audio, interactive self-assessment questions, downloadable PDFs of all slides, and MP3 audio files.
- Members: $395
- Nonmembers: $425
- FIT: $300
Educational grant support for this activity provided by:
The American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ACCF designates this live activity for a maximum of 19 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCP) recognizes attendance at CE offerings which provide AMA Category 1 credits
for the purpose of recertification.
Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
15 hours relevant to nuclear medicine to meet the IAC Nuclear/PET accreditation requirements.
While offering credits noted above, the course is not intended to provide extensive training or certification in the field.
The overall goal of this activity is to enhance knowledge and ultimately increase competency by providing up-to-date developments in nuclear cardiology and cardiac CT and to facilitate transfer of knowledge into practice.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to —
- Implement and use the latest protocols for acquisition and processing — including existing and new instrumentation, software and pharmacologic stress agents — to provide optimal quality and efficient studies and to reduce patient radiation exposure
- Enhance clinical management decisions for patients by creating optimal reporting that integrates test findings with clinical information
- Distinguish and identify the strengths, limitations and interactions between the modalities to select the test most suited to the needs of individual physicians and patients based on appropriate use criteria
- Use the latest information regarding the prognostic implications of various modalities to guide patient management decisions and evaluate the feasibility of using various imaging technologies to enhance patient outcomes
- Describe the clinical implications of various imaging cases, recognize their value and limitations in clinical cardiology, and demonstrate improved skills in image interpretation
- Utilize new appropriate use criteria and evidence-based knowledge to become better equipped in recommending treatment options based on test results for patient selection and patient care management to reduce the frequency of inappropriate testing
- Recognize imaging artifacts and pitfalls in the use of the examinations
This course is intended for cardiologists, radiologists, nuclear medicine specialists, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, cardiac imaging technologists and other health care professionals with an interest in the field of nuclear cardiology and cardiac CT imaging.
Date of Release: May 2013
Term of Approval/Date of CME Expiration: May 2015*
*Please note that the online version will be available only through the term of approval noted above and that you may only claim CME credit by using the online version.
60-Day Risk-Free Return Policy
ACC guarantees its educational products. If you are dissatisfied with your product within 60 days of purchase, you may return the product at your expense. Please contact our Resource Center (toll-free 800-253-4636, x5603; direct dial 202-375-6000, x5603; email email@example.com) for return instructions. Please note that if you have already claimed CME, CE, or MOC credit for the product, you will not be eligible for a refund.